Sunday 13 November 2011

Roses and Polka Dot Mani

It's official! I absolutely love doing rose manicures. They are super easy to do and end up looking adorable and feminine. I have tried this mani before on my little sister using pastels and a bright pale blue as the background. It ended up looking really cute and bright but I wanted to give this mani a little bit of a mature twist. So, for this one, I used OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona as the base because I was looking for something pretty and soft but a little more neutral. This way, the roses would pop and remain the focus of the mani.

I did tiny black polka dots in the background to create more of a pattern and I think it turned out looking really pretty with the roses on top. For the two-tone roses, I used Essie's Fishnet Stockings and Revlon's Coral Me Wild.
I can't seem to find a good photo of Coral Me Wild but I highly recommend it. It is the perfect bright orangey-pink without being a matte neon (but almost neon - so much fun!). I used my go-to leaf colour (OPI's Jade is the New Black) and finished off with accents using the black skinny brush polish I mentioned here.

I really like how this look turned out and I can't wait to experiment with different coloured roses!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment