Sunday 4 December 2011

Weekend of Manicures

Leopard print definitely took over me for some reason this weekend. I know that we are technically in the holiday season but I guess I am just trying to squeeze in some crazy non-holiday party nails before its too late. I will, without a doubt, commit to some holiday manicures this week.

On Friday I was drawn to one of my favourite colours, China Glaze's Secret Periwinkle.
I decided to do leopard with a neutral background so, of course, I used my go-to greige; Deborah Lippmann's Waking up in Vegas.
For the black accents on the leopard print, I used the handy Sally Hansen nail pen. These pens are great for dotting when you aren't aiming for a flawless dot - absolutely perfect for leopard print.
This is how it turned out:
Friday night, my friends Tess and Callie asked if I had time to pop over and do some manicures and, of course, I can never turn down a manicure. Tess opted for a simple but eye-catching mani. We went for a simple base of Essie's Licorice to really showcase the glitter topcoat - Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday.

Described as a "party in a bottle," this glitter is truly one of the most special I have ever seen. It just becomes more awesome with every coat - something you definitely have to try for yourself. You won't be able to keep your eyes off your nails!
This is how Tess' nails ended up:
Callie spotted (pun intended) my leopard print nails and customized the colours for herself. She replaced the periwinkle with an adorable peach that Kristina got me in Scotland! It's made by Nail Paints by Barry M and is called Peach Melba.
This is how Callie's turned out - such a lovely colour combination!
Friday night was really chilly but these manicures definitely gave Tess and Callie a reason to brave the elements. If you got it, flaunt it!

On Saturday, I decided to wear this adorable light pink blouse decorated with pearls from Forever 21 and couldn't help crafting a semi-matching manicure. For the base, I used an ah-mah-zing pink by OPI called Mod About You. It's the perfect light, chalky, opaque pink. I love it.
On some of the nails, I did a hot pink leopard with Nina Ultra Pro's Punki Pink. This pink is a serious bright neon - really eye catching and super glowy.

On the rest of the nails, I used this great chunky glitter called Disco Ball that was also from Forever 21.
I definitely see this one being a part of some holiday manicures...
This is how it turned out:

This is definitely a party girl manicure. See what I said about leopard print taking over my weekend? It's just too much fun!

Next up - holiday manicures! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to have you guys do leopard print nails next, these are all so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a great idea to mix the two styles!

    ReplyDelete