Wednesday 4 April 2012

Cadbury Mini Eggs Manicure

Well, it's that time of year again! Spring/Easter is one of my favourite times of the year. A long weekend, (sometimes) sunny weather, and food and drink with friends & family. Another fun bonus of this time of year is...Easter chocolate. Yup, you know what I'm talking about. So many people I know are Cadbury Mini Eggs fiends. In honour of them, I decided to do a fun Cadbury Mini Eggs inspired manicure. It's quite simple, pretty cute, and also embraces the fashion world's emphasis on pastels for Spring/Summer 2012.



For the pale pink, yellow, blue, and white colours of the tasty little eggs, I used (from left of photo) OPI's Pink Friday, Sinful Color's Unicorn, L'Oreal's High Tide, and Pure Ice's Super Star. For the little beigey-rust-coloured speckles on the eggs, I used OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona.


Also, key to this manicure, I finished it off with a matte top coat. Gotta recreate the chalky appearance of  those little eggs! I used Essie's Matte About You.


Check out how it turned out...yum!








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment